Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Peace March


On March 17, 2007, CodePink Memphis will be joining a Peace rally and march to mark the 4th anniversary of the War in Iraq. For those of you who are new to these kinds of actions, I'd really like to urge you to attend. I took my daughter to the march in D.C. in January and it was a life changing experience for us both. When I joined other people who are Pro-Peace, there was such a tremendous release of the frustration I had felt at my unability to make a change. I realized how many people there are that want the same things I did, peace, social changes, and a move to make a difference.

Please make plans to attend this event with CodePink Memphis. You will feel empowered that you are taking a stand, speaking out for peace, and meeting others that are doing the same. There will be more information sent out to our email list, that will detail what we are doing, but if you want more information, or are planning on attending, please email CodePinkMemphis@aol.com so that we know what kind of numbers we are looking at. Look at the pictures on our website to know what CodePinkers wear to these events, or some of the national actions at www.codepinkalert.org. We will have some props, but the brighter pink the better, the more pink the better!

1 comment:

Linda Milazzo said...

And you were the two most fabulous women there... with Taylor controlling it all and the rest of us in awe.

To Terri and Taylor... You're the greatest!! I (We) LOVE YOU!!! Btw... the article you sent me was fantastic. I still haven't written the one I'm planning. I'll let you know as soon as I do...

Love,
Linda